To implement an internationally established system of Saudi Research Programs that are able to conduct high-yielding scientific research in the fields of humanities, strategic science and technology in line with the kingdom’s vision of a knowledge-based economy.
Advancing knowledge through scientific research and applying it to the improvement of Saudi communities by creating and sustaining a generation of competent and distinguished scientists and educators.
- Elevate the international status of the university through scientific achievements in research, technology and education
- Spread the culture of creativity, originality and ingenuity in various fields of humanities, science and technology to the benefit of Saudi society
- Create centers of knowledge and develop them into centers of excellence in their respective fields.
- Initiate innovative research in the fields of water desalination, nanotechnology and chronic diseases which are of national importance
- Knowledge dissemination in areas of Islamic and Arabic studies.
- Optimal utilization of existing human and capital resources of King Saud University as well as attract and retain distinguished scientists to benefit from their expertise using university resources
- Encourage research excellence among KSU scientists by providing them with advanced training and exposure to foreign centers of excellence
- Improve KSU scientific productivity in quality and quantity
- Establish and improve inter-university collaboration for knowledge, technology and skills exchange
- Enable the application of scientific and technological discoveries and increase global competitiveness