A leading chair in the research of the COVID-19 virus and its emerging strains in the Kingdom to predict and prevent the spread of the virus and other viral epidemics.
Establishing a database for the COVID-19 virus and its related strains in the Kingdom, and studying the mechanism of its development and emergence, which contributes to develop control mechanisms, and predicting the possibility of emerging other viruses in order to limit their spread and reduce their effects on public health and the national economy.
- To develop a strategic plan for quick detection, resistance and tracking of the spread of the COVID-19 virus and other contemporary and emerging viruses from abroad, as well as viruses that may be identified frequently in order to prevent their spread in the Kingdom.
- Developing and assessing extremely efficient diagnostic kits for the detection of COVID-19 and other infectious and imported diseases in humans and animals.
- Monitoring the mechanisms involved in the formation and transmission of the COVID-19 virus, along with contemporary and emerging viruses, in the Kingdom by periodic and continuous epidemiological surveillance of prospective humans and animals.
- To study the genetic variety and patterns of change and evolution in existing and emerging COVID-19 virus strains, with the goal of predicting the emergence of novel strains capable of rapidly spreading lethal epidemic infections.
- to develop potential vaccines and pharmaceutical products for the treatment and prevention of COVID-19 and other contemporary and emerging viruses using molecular biology techniques and recombinant DNA, as well as to test the safety and efficacy of these vaccines and pharmaceutical products in laboratory studies using tissue cultures and experimental animals.
د. فهد ناصر المجحدي
للتواصل مع الكرسي
تاريخ تأسيس الكرسي
ملخص لإنجازات الكرسي منذ تأسيسه وحتى الآن